Are you looking to start or develop a co-operative?
A co-operative is a self-governing association of people who join together to meet their common cultural, economic and social needs and aspirations via jointly owned, democratically controlled enterprise.
A co-operative’s values are self-responsibility, equality, democracy, equity and solidarity. Members’ values include honesty, openness and social responsibility/care for others.
CDA offers specialist support on co-operative and community benefit society models at an hourly rate (£60) or daily rate (£450) for:
- pre-feasibility and start-up advice
- the conversion of an existing business or service into a co-operative or community benefit model
- help with established community benefit societies and co-operatives
- considering community shares
- assessment against the Community Shares Compliance Mark (CSCM)
Training day for up to 12 people
CDA also offers co-operative governance training days for members and directors (existing and new).
The day, which costs £600, includes:
- induction for new members
- developing skills in co-operation, democracy and successful meetings
- financial management
- the law (the roles of regulators and officers)
You can call the CDA on 0117 314 4610 or email email@example.com